Saturday, April 28, 2012

I gave my best...but I guess my best wasn't good enough

     Do you have a friend who is very high maintenance? You know the type...It's all about them, what they do, what they need, what you can do for them? Yeah you know the type. I'm sure they are wonderful people, deep down under all that want and need, but sometimes the price of friendship is too much to keep at it. Sometimes a person does not have the energy to keep up with the high maintenance friend anymore.    
   
     I know it is hard to stop the drama. But sometimes you just have to tell the other person that enough is enough! I know my friend and I just went through this. I love her to bits but the drama in her life was taking over mine! I was dreaming about it, waking up at night thinking about it and during the day it was always in my thoughts. Sometimes enough is enough and even though the other person needs you for comfort or for the shoulder to cry on, you just can't be there in that way any longer.  
   
     If you have a friend like this and you can not take the drama and upheaval anymore try telling them that you can't do it. I know it's hard, it was for me. But you have to do this to save your own sanity. Some times they don't even know they are unloading all this crap onto you and are surprised that it is even bothering you! My friend understood when I told her that I just couldn't take it anymore. I was sorry she was going through a terrible time and I understood she needed some one to vent to, but it was too much for me. I have enough crap in my own life to deal with honestly. I hope we can get through this time and move on to an even stronger friendship in the future. If not, then I gave my best....




No comments:

Post a Comment